Re: How to tie a flat to g sharp

From: Kilian A. Foth
Subject: Re: How to tie a flat to g sharp
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:41:59 +0100

Erik Sandberg writes:
 > On Monday 24 January 2005 12.01, Kilian A. Foth wrote:
 > > Greetings,
 > >
 > > I am having a hard time convincing Lilypond to create a tie between
 > > enharmonic variants:
 >
 > This is nonstandard practise, and hence not easy to do cleanly (AFAIK). A
 > quick&dirty fix could be to create invisible 'a' notes in the second bar;
 > this would create ties (though the right end points wouldn't be 100%
 > correct).

I tried that, but since the problem is with enharmonic notes, they will
always get in each other's way, and the invisible notehead will shift
the real one aside so that the tie misses its target. So what I really
need is be either of

 - a way to typeset invisible notes that don't take up space

 - a method to force a tie to be drawn between two arbitrary
   noteheads, no questions asked.

--
Kilian Foth                                    Phone +49 40 42883-2518
AB NATS, FB Informatik                         Fax   +49 40 42883-2515