Re: marks, voltas, and key signatures

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: marks, voltas, and key signatures
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:11:28 -0800

On 25-Jan-05, at 5:40 AM, address@hidden wrote:

address@hidden wrote:
Read the chapter on "changing defaults"; it discusses where to
place that override.

Found it, thanks. Next problem ... I can't see an "ignore collisions" type property for VoltaBracket. Bearing in mind that it's mostly empty space, I can't see the point (in most situations) of avoiding a collision. And, just as kerning allows the boxes round letters to collide while the letters themselves don't, I'd like to allow the empty space in a VoltaBracket to collide with eg stems... of the top of my head I think this is normal behaviour in the music I've seen.

Remember to keep lilypond traffic on lilypond-user so that everybody
else can read the replies.

I don't know if you can ignore collisions, but you could always move it around with #'extra-offset. I can't recall ever seeing collisions in well-engraved
music, though.

Cheers,
- Graham