Install Problems on Mac

From: Chuck Boody
Subject: Install Problems on Mac
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:02:23 -0600

My apologies if this is a second posting. I was not properly subscribed to the list when I sent the first one.

Running Mac OX 10.3.7. Installed XCode Tools 1.5 and the gcc 3.3 updater. Ran selfupdate-cvs. No porblems to here. Ran "fink install lilypond-unstable" Responded defaults to the questions. I get this error:

Failed: Can't resolve dependency "gcc3.1" for package "xfree86-4.4.0-14" (no matching packages/versions found)

If I use the xorg package I get a similar error message with the xorg package referenced.

Note that I have installed the gcc 3.3 update but the failed message refers to gcc3.1. Hmmm.

Any help out here?

Many thanks.

Chuck Boody