squeezed measure

From: Dr. Charles Gran
Subject: squeezed measure
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:31:56 -0800

When I run a version of the example found at
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/An-example-of-a-musicological-document.html#An-example-of-a-musicological-document

I get a squezzed example for the first staff of music.

I'm using cygwin under Windows XP (2.4.2) and these commands:
lilypond-book --output=out lilybook.tex
cd out
latex lilybook
dvips -Ppdf -u+lilypond -u+ec-mftrace lilybook
ps2pdf lilybook.ps

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\begin{document}

Documents for @command{lilypond-book} may freely mix music and text.
For example,

\begin{lilypond}
\relative c' {
  c2 g'2 \times 2/3 { f8 e d } c'2 g4
}
\end{lilypond}

Options are put in brackets.

\begin[fragment,quote,staffsize=26,verbatim]{lilypond}
  c'4 f16
\end{lilypond}

Larger examples can be put into a separate file, and introduced with
\verb+\lilypondfile+.

%\lilypondfile[quote,noindent]{screech-boink.ly}

\end{document}--Message-Boundary-29443