Re: question!

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: question!
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:44:13 +0100

First of all, there is normally no reason to run the lilypond
command from the command line in Cygwin, you can simply double-click
on the .ly file in Windows, as described on the downloads web page.

If you still want to run from the command line, you just have to know
that the Cygwin command prompt brings you to your cygwin home folder,
which is located at C:\cygwin\home\<yourloginname>\, so either you
move the file to that folder or change working directory. For more
information on Cygwin, see www.cygwin.com or any introductory text
on UNIX/LINUX.

   /Mats

Chris Fresolone wrote:
Hello!  I was just told about lilypond yesterday, and
so I wanted to try it out today.  I'm at the point
where I'm  running the cygwin program (I'm in winXP),
and I've created the test.ly file, but I can't seem to
open it.  I type in lilypond test.ly, but it always
gives me the error message "can't find test"  I've
saved it to the desktop and another one to the C:
drive, and I even tried entering lilypond c:test.  All
to no avail.
I'm sure there is something pretty simple I'm missing
here.  Can you help me out?

Thanks so much!
Chris Fresolone

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250