Who wants better MIDI output? (was: MIDI and repeat)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Who wants better MIDI output? (was: MIDI and repeat)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:10:46 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> mainly been intended for proof "reading" scores while you enter the
> music. The main hackers of LilyPond have never had the ambition to
> be able to produce hight quality MIDI output.

Historically, that's been true. However, we found that there is some
interest in better MIDI output.

Getting the MIDI backend to quality level of the notation backend is a
task I'd happily pursue, if sufficient funds are raised.  I already
have a pledge for EUR 750, but that is not enough.  My rough estimate
is that I could do it for EUR 3500.

So, if you are interested in getting

     a better MIDI backend

with natural sounding performance, then you're welcome to chip in and

     Donate money

to support this effort.