Réf. : Re: convert-ly with lily2.4.2

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: Réf. : Re: convert-ly with lily2.4.2
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 16:18:34 +0100

Thanks for your answer.

Maybe 2 suggestions :

first, there's a little mistake in doc 2.5 :
"It uses \version statements in the input files to detect the old version
number. In most cases, to
upgrade your input file it is sufficient to run
covert-ly -e myfile.ly" .

secondly, it should be written, to my mind, that convert-ly *.ly converts all
the files of the
current folder.

Regards

                      Mats Bengtsson
                      <address@hidden        Pour :    Jean-marc LEGRAND
<address@hidden>
                      3.kth.se>                cc :      address@hidden
                                               Objet :   Re: convert-ly with
lily2.4.2
                      03/02/2005 16:12

You should definitely not remove any .ly~ file until you have made sure
that the updated file gives the expected results, since the .ly~
contains a copy of your original file (before the conversion) and since
convert-ly is not always fool-proof.

It seems that the formulation in the manual has already been changed in
the version for LilyPond 2.5. Take a look at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Invoking-convert_002dly.html
and send a comment to the mailing list if you have suggestions for
further clarifications.

    /Mats

Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:

> Hi again.
>
> I've tried convert-ly *.ly in my folder, and it has converted all my .ly.
>
> Great, but it is not what is writen in lily manual, or am I wrong ?
> ----- Réacheminé par Jean-marc LEGRAND/CRS/FR/RM/Corp le 03/02/2005 13:34
> -----
>

>                       Jean-marc LEGRAND

>                                                Pour :    address@hidden

>                       03/02/2005 13:09         cc :

>                                                Objet :   convert-ly with
> lily2.4.2

> Hi list !
>
> I've just moved to 2.4.2 on XP, and I'm converting all my files.
>
> I've got 2 pb :
>
> 1.  convert-ly -e `find . -name '*.ly' -print` doesn't work, and no error
> message.
>
> 2. when I make convert-ly -e fichier.ly, I have à fichier.ly updated but a
> new fichier.ly~ which I
> have to erase manually.
>
> Any help ?
>
> Regards