Re: convert-ly with lily2.4.2

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: convert-ly with lily2.4.2
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 12:17:52 -0500

On Thursday 03 February 2005 07:09 am, Jean-marc LEGRAND wrote:
> Hi list !
>
> I've just moved to 2.4.2 on XP, and I'm converting all my files.
>
> I've got 2 pb :
>
> 1.  convert-ly -e `find . -name '*.ly' -print` doesn't work, and no
> error message.

What happens when you enter this part?:

$ find . -name '*.ly' -print

If you do get a listing, try a newer syntax:

$ convert-ly -e $(find . -name '*.ly' -print)

If you don't get a listing, look up your "find" command to see what
you need to do to get one. Are you using bash?  The DOS "find" command
is very different from the bash version.

I am assuming that you have command substitution on XP.  The `` or $()
makes the output of the find command inside look like a list of files
to convert-ly.  daveA

--
The only technical exercises for guitar which are worthy of the
instrument consist in "Dynamic Guitar Technique".  I promise miracles.