Re: Can't use numbers

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Can't use numbers
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:54:51 -0800

On 3-Feb-05, at 10:12 PM, J L wrote:

Actually, after a quick check, I've found the following line in Organizing Larger Pieces (2.5.10 docs)?

"The name of an identifier should have alphabetic characters only; no numbers, underscores or dashes. The assignment should be outside of running music."

OK, so now the question is "is this the best place / should this be the only place for this info?" I don't think so; IMO nothing should only be documented in the tutorial.

Normally I'd ask for suggestions for another place to put this info, but I'm already planning a revised chapter for global lilypond file issues. So just wait a week or two. :)

Cheers,
- Graham