Figured Bass Improvements

From: Trent J
Subject: Figured Bass Improvements
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:06:49 +1100

Good Afternoon,

I started using lilypond a couple of months ago but soon had to abandon it because of its weak figured bass support. I've been following the developments for a while in hope that the support for figured bass would be strengthened. At this stage I have seen no sign of this. Is it ever going to be improved? The rest of the program is excellent especially for the support of "ancient" notation, but with the lack of figured bass support it is severely let down when using older notations.

Any comments / hints of further development appreciated.

Regards,

Trent