Re: midi2ly

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: midi2ly
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:34:48 +0100

It seems that the midi2ly program doesn't work at all in the
current Windows version.

If if would have worked, you should have used the Cygwin convention
for writing the path:
/cygdrive/c/Dokumente\ und\ Einstellungen/Besitzer/Eigene Dateien/My\ Music/WitchyWorld.mid
The same holds for any other program in Cygwin.

   /Mats

Mardi Girard wrote:
Hi
I'm having problems getting midi2ly to work (I have no idea how to use it) I type in midi2ly and the path of the midi file: /midi2ly C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Besitzer\Eigene Dateien\My Music\WitchyWorld.mid/ and get the error message /Traceback (most recent call last):/
/  File "usr/bin/midi2ly", line 43, in ?/
/     import midi /
/ImportError: dlopen, Win32, error 126/
// I triend typing only the file name and with forward slashes and got the same error message both times. Do the midi files have to be in a specific folder to convert?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology