forcing newline in score?

From: Lance Hoffmeyer
Subject: forcing newline in score?
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 09:35:34 -0600

Hello all,

I am new to lilypond and am trying to find a way to force a newline?
I read somewhere that \\\\ will do it but this does not seem to work?
Any suggestions??

\version "2.2.6"
\score{ \notes \relative c''
{
       \clef treble
       \key c \major
       \time 4/4
       a' g f e
       a  g f e
       \bar "|."
\\\\
       e f g a
}
\midi {\tempo 4=120 }
\paper {  }

                                Lance Hoffmeyer

          The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and
                          governments to gain ground.
                                       -
                                Thomas Jefferson