Re: beginner tutorial to install lily on mac

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: beginner tutorial to install lily on mac
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:09:32 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes
Libero Mureddu writes:

!

I've decided to write a tutorial that explains how to install lilypond
on a mac, having in mind someone that doesn't know nothing about
linux, free software, use of the terminal ecc.

That's great.

If it is useful, I can complete it with some screenshot, too.
It's just a draft, so it contains many mistakes.

It could be very useful if we could use it to replace

   http://lilypond.org/web/download/macos.html

However, in its current form it is way too long.  The plain
instruction, with screenshot, should not have so many details that it
is scary.  If those are necessary, they could be on a new html page.

I'm trying to write a little "getting started" tutorial (intended more for print, not web, I do NOT like html help ...) and was going to write up Cywin and SuSE. Sounds like this might fit in there well :-)

And can I make a plea for documentation to be available in dead-tree format... the manual is nice (I've got a printed copy) but so much only appears to be available "on screen" - which is all well and good until you want to actually read the stuff! I do a moderate amount of reading/working on my daily commute - when I have no computer access...

Cheers,
Wol
as Lies-to-People.