Re: inimf -where is this? tetex 3.0

From: Tapio Tuovila
Subject: Re: inimf -where is this? tetex 3.0
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:55:23 +0200

Anthony W. Youngman kirjoitti:
In message <address@hidden>, Tapio Tuovila <address@hidden> writes
I installed tetex3.0 and tried to compile lily2.4 from cvs. The configure script asks me to "install required programs: inimf inimfont".

Now I'm sure this sounds stupid, but how is this done? Where can I get those?
sorry to bother you with a thing like this.
greetings, Tapio

What OS are you using?

Dunno about any others, but if you're using SuSE linux, "pin inimf" and "pin inimfont" should tell you what packages you need. That might (or might not) work for other linux distros.

Cheers,
Wol
Hi,
I'm using SuSE 9.2 all right. I did "pin inimf", it told me to install package tetex2.0.2something. That I know already but thanks anyway. The problem is, that in tetex 3.0 I haven't yet found out how to find this 'inimf'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I suppose that inimf is an alias for mf -ini and has something to do with ?.base files when tracing fonts.

So, what can be done? Should the configure script be changed, or the autogen.sh. ??
lilypond sources are from
""cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/lilypond co -rlilypond_2_4 -d lilypond-2.4 lilypond""
that has at least the
METAFONT = @METAFONT@ -progname=mf pa
correction in config.make.in, so I thought that maybe the CVS-source could be already tetex 3.0 -compatible.

Or, maybe I should turn back to tetex 2.x.x.

Suggestions?
my best, Tapio