Re: Problem running lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Problem running lilypond
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:55:04 +0100

Just try to rerun setup.exe. When you get to the "Select Packages" view,
make sure that it wants to install version 2.4.2 of the lilypond
package.

If this doesn't help, try the following:
- Open the Cygwin command window by clicking the Cygwin icon or start
  menu item.
- Move your .ly file to the folder C:\cygwin\home\<your login name>\
- Run the command
lilypond test.ly
- Send a copy of what's printed on the screen to the mailing list.
(In order to copy paste from the Cygwin command window, you may have to
first right-click on the top border of the window, select properties,
mark the option "Quick Edit mode" and press OK. After that, you can
select any text from the window and just press Enter to save it into
the clip board so you can paste it into your email.)

J. Grady wrote:
When I run test.ly, after apparently installing it correctly under Windows
XP, no output is produced. The first time, it flashed error messages I
couldn't read, but if I try to run it now, it just flashes a blank screen-
no output. Also, no test.log is produced.
The setup log is attached.

Help- What do I do to get Lilypond to run?

Jim Grady
Garner, NC

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing