Re: OpenBSD port - half success

From: Matt Jibson
Subject: Re: OpenBSD port - half success
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:14:36 -0700

Matthias Kilian wrote:

Could you publish your ports somewhere on a web or ftp server or
send them to me? I'm short of time, but a Lilypond port is on my
long-term TODO list, too. I don't promise anything, but when I get
some spare time, I'd love to assist your porting work.

http://crescentisland.com/lily/lily-ports.tgz

Notes, things the ports don't do, etc:

1) ec-fonts-mftraced: http://www.lilypond.org/download/fonts/
There is an ec-fonts-mftraced port that doesn't work (breaks during build), so I just downloaded the deb and used the ar command listed then moved those fonts into the appropriate place and reran mktexlsr. 2) Ports don't yet cover dependencies, so try to figure out which ones you need first (sorry...). 3) I think fontforge somehow escaped the fake install directory thing during make plist, so there really isn't a package or listing for it. 4) After lilypond was installed, it wasn't finding the fonts it needed, that lived in /usr/local/share/lilypond/2.4.4, so I copied them to the texmf fonts dir and reran mktexlsr.

Please look at the patches, too. I'm pretty sure they are all needed. Mostly I had to add some stuff to the makefiles to get them to have: -L/usr/local/lib -lintl -liconv (gettext support, there was a recent post on openbsd-ports about gettext breakage).