Re: Grace notes, ties, optimum notation

From: Maurizio Tomasi
Subject: Re: Grace notes, ties, optimum notation
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:04:08 +0100

Steve D wrote:
I have recently begun to learn LilyPond, which is an exceptionally nice program, though I have a tremendous amount to learn about it.

I would like to ask if anyone might have a suggestion how better to notate the last measure of the piano piece linked to below (it is a screen capture of LilyPond's PDF output of the piece). The last chord of the piece is arpeggiated, but not in exact sequence of notes from bottom to top: one note (the F second to top) is out of order.

Link to .png image of .pdf output of lilypond:

http://www.xscd.com/pics/lilypond-example.PNG

Thank you, and best wishes,

Steve D, New Mexico US

P.S. Should I have attached the .png image instead, for the sake of the archives?

I am not sure, but perhaps this could be useful to you:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2004-11/msg00465.html

Regards,
  Maurizio.

Maurizio Tomasi