Re: Grace notes, ties, optimum notation

From: Steve D
Subject: Re: Grace notes, ties, optimum notation
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:23:38 -0700

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

Steve D wrote: I have recently begun to learn LilyPond, which is an
exceptionally nice program, though I have a tremendous amount to learn about it.

I would like to ask if anyone might have a suggestion how better to
 notate the last measure of the piano piece linked to below

http://www.xscd.com/pics/lilypond-example.PNG

I don't know about "better", but you could write the grace notes in sequence and tie each to its note in the chord. daveA

Thank you for the reply, David. Your suggestion is what I originally
wanted to do. It would look a lot cleaner, less confusing. I
simply wanted to write the grace notes, and have each one tied to the
same note in the chord.

But as a new user of LilyPond I couldn't find a way to accomplish that.

Might you have a suggestion as to what features of LilyPond I might
study in order to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Steve D, NM US