Re: another triplets question

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: another triplets question
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:21:36 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Paul Scott wrote:

Did you set this previously? It says group the tuplets in quarter (1 / 4) note groups which is smaller than the grouping you are indicating. The correct one for a 4 quarter note (one whole note) grouping would be:
\set tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 1)
meaning whole note (1/1) groupings.

I took me a while to figure out how that related to the tuplets I wanted.

I would guess there is a way to reset tupletSpannerDuration to get it back out if the way but I haven't looked that up yet. Otherwise once you use it in a score you will have to keep changing it for each new tuplet group size.

Read at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Changing-context-properties-on-the-fly.html
if you want to learn the opposite of \set.

My concern is not how to unset but what values of tupletSpannerDuration will achieve the desired effect. Also I didn't say the answer to my concern was difficult just that I hadn't looked it up yet.

Now that I have researched it I still don' t know whether unsetting tupletSpannerDuration will put things back to normal or what value of tupletSpannerDuration will accomplish this. I would like to see more about possible values of properties in the internals section of the doc.

Thanks,

Paul