Re: Instrument alignment in page head (v2.4.2)

From: Bryan Stanbridge
Subject: Re: Instrument alignment in page head (v2.4.2)
Date: 19 Feb 2005 12:06:24 -0500

On 2/19/2005, "address@hidden"
<address@hidden> wrote:
>On 18-Feb-05, at 3:34 AM, Thies Albrecht wrote:
>> I wonder if anybody ever got aware of the fact, that the instrument
>> name in the page head isn't exactly centered. Depending on odd or even
>> page it is put a little to the right or left.
>
>I don't know whether it's a bug or not, but let's send this to the
>bug-lilypond list
>in case it is.

I'd imagine it's related to binding issues.  Centered on a page isn't
really centered when you've bound a score, because of the center
gutter.  I recall printing out some music previously in LP that took
into account the center gutter and moved entire pages slightly
left-right depending on the side of the page.  It's not a large
distance, but it was noticeable.  Perhaps the bug is that the music
isn't shifting anymore? (though I'm pretty sure I was using 2.4.2)  Or
is this something we should be letting our PDF viewers (or PS handlers)
manage and just always have LP center everything exactly? (If, of
course, you've set the margins that way)

Cheers,
Bryan...