Re: Feature request - extended ties

From: Chris Sawer
Subject: Re: Feature request - extended ties
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:28:55 +0000

On 20 Feb 2005, at 15:07, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
[...]
I understand what you need, and I'll look into it. I only know this
notation from grace notes writing out an arpeggiated chord. Do you
know whether it is also used without grace notes (ie. with the 16th
notes being normal rhythmic notes?)

Yes, see for example the 3rd movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, available at Mutopia:

http://www.mutopiaproject.org/cgibin/piece-info.cgi?id=292

(around bar 164 - they're 32nd notes in this case. In my Berners edition they're certainly not grace notes)

Chris