excited about new font feature

From: wintryblue
Subject: excited about new font feature
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:48:25 -0500

I'm excited about the new feature that would let me use any TrueType
font. I'll have to wait until a stable release comes out for cygwin, I
suppose, but it seems interesting.

Although it might be an aesthetic mismatch and not exactly elegant, it
seems like a good way to get graphical symbols from other notation
programs, most of which use TrueType fonts for all their graphics.

I don't know how it would work out. It might be difficult to align and
place everything piece by piece. But for example, if you needed a
special articulation mark you couldn't get in Lilypond, it might be a
good idea.