Re: tutorial install mac os x

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: tutorial install mac os x
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:02:18 -0800

On 20-Feb-05, at 11:12 AM, Libero Mureddu wrote:
I've just finished a shorter version about how to install lily on mac os x I have also some screenshots, but they are too big to send them on the mailing list.
Let me know if is good.
I'm finishing the longer version, for newbies.

Looks good -- and other than editing /sw/etc/fink.conf, I think this version is
detailed enough for newbies.  Especially if you have a few screenshots.

A few little comments:
I'm not certain how the abcde "requirements" match up with the numbers
below.  I'd just use dashes:
- download X11
- download fink
- blah blah

Under #2, you jump from letter e to g.

In the future, "lilypond-unstable" will probably be renamed to "lilypond-dev" or "-devel"; that should simply the issue between fink stable/unstable and lilypond/lilypond-unstable. It doesn't help right now, but in a month or two
it will.  :)

You might want to suggest "nice fink install lilypond"; that makes sure that the compiling is done at a lower priority than anything else on the computer,
so everything else will be much smoother.

One the second-last line (in section 8d) you spelled which as "wich" instead
of "which".

Cheers,
- Graham Percival