Re: MIDI Volume

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: MIDI Volume
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:09:30 +0100

The documentation of the *_performers (corresponding to *_engravers
but for MIDI output instead of paper output) is fairly primitive
for the moment. The only documentation of these properties I could
find for the moment is at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Dynamic_005fperformer.html
and I couldn't find any reference to this page.

The best documentation today is probably to look at the default value
for the property, which is the Scheme function called
default-dynamic-absolute-volume, which is defined in the file
.../scm/midi.scm.

However, from the mailing list archives of lilypond-devel, you can see
that the support for MIDI is being revised for the moment, so hopefully
the documentation will be updated correspondingly.

   /Mats

Gilles wrote:
Hello.

[P. Kroger's LilyPond-snapshot-2.4.2 for Debian]

In "6.1 Creating MIDI files", the doc mentions parameters for
altering the MIDI output:

  dynamicAbsoluteVolumeFunction
  instrumentEqualizer

and refers to the "Voice" page in "lilypond-internals".
But that page does not contain explanations about such settings.

Either way, the doc should be corrected; but, if the feature
exists, could you please show an example of how to use it?

Thanks,
Gilles

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing