Re: Box markup box not a square

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Box markup box not a square
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:41:22 +0100

I know there have been some changes related to these functions in
the recent development versions, but I don't know enough details
to say if it's easy to fix it in your version.

   /Mats

Arjan Bos wrote:
Hi list,

I'm using 2.4.2

In my pieces I like to have the default marks (with \mark \default) to be in a box. As per documentation I use the following lisp code:

    \set Score.markFormatter = #(lambda (mark  context)
                 (make-box-markup
                  (format-mark-letters mark context)))

And this results in a box that isn't square. A picture of it (zoomed in quite a few times) can be found at:

http://zaaf.nl/unsquareBox.pdf
(It's a pdf-file of a screen capture, don't ask ;-)

Please notice that the right hand line of the square has moved a bit to the left.

Is this a bug? Or can I make the box square.

By the way:
The boxes look square on paper and in the end that's what counts. So it might just be a display issue here.

Kind regards,
Arjan Bos

---
Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a sick mind

-- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems