Cygwin install - test.ly not registered

From: James Savage
Subject: Cygwin install - test.ly not registered
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 00:06:37 -0000

Hi folks,
I have attempted to instal lilipond by selecing it from the publishing
section of Cygwin setup within Windows 2000 professional.  The install
proceeds without any visible errors but when complete I am unable to get
lilipond to fireup by double clicking on the test.ly file located on my
desktop. I was expecting the instal to register files ending in .ly with
Win2K.  What other options do I have to test the install?  Can I do it from
the command line in cygwin ?

Finally, are there any pre-requisites that I should check?

Thanks in advance,

James

PS I have not subscribed to this list as yet so please could any responders
reply direct.  Many thanks.