Re: lilypond Pukes Thanks to Fink/TeTeX

From: Will Oram
Subject: Re: lilypond Pukes Thanks to Fink/TeTeX
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:24:33 -0500

On Mar 2, 2005, at 7.04 PM, Matthias Neeracher wrote:

It seems both of the problems (TeTeX 3 upgrade fails to complete, lilypond fails to run) are due to some, ahem, suboptimal packaging I did in the lilypond package.

:)

To get the TeTeX upgrade to complete:

- run "fink update tetex". If it fails...
- Open a new shell window and run it again.
- This is due to the init script the lilypond package installs.

To get lilypond to run (I verified that this works for 2.5.13, not sure about 2.4.x):

sudo mkdir -p /sw/etc/texmf.local/fonts/enc/public
sudo ln -s /sw/share/lilypond/<whatever>/fonts/enc /sw/etc/texmf.local/fonts/enc/public/lilypond
sudo mktexlsr

I will release fixed lilypond packages within the next few days.

Matthias

I tried this, and though everything updated and processed, lily still choked. Looking into this, I discovered the problem was in sudo ln -s... Nothing called enc exists within the first filepath. Thus, it's creating an alias to nothing. You'd think ln would complain about something like this?

In 2.4.2, /fonts contains subdirectories afm, source, tfm, and type1.

BTW, Matthias, someone suggested I look at your experimental directory for 2.5.x .info and .patch files. No idea where this directory is. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Best,
Will

the morning lets you live
but not sleeping is too hard
                       _   |  WILL ORAM
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )  |  spamguy (at) foxchange . com
 - against HTML email  X   |  wro1 (at) cwru . edu
             & vCards / \  |
                           |  AIM spamguy21
(ABOVE: Magnetic poetry #1)