fresh install2

From: David Bobroff
Subject: fresh install2
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:03:58 +0000

> The INSTALL.txt and other files are found in Documentation/topdocs/
> in the CVS tree.

Ah, thanks.

> I'm not sure if you can find RPMs of a sufficiently new version
> of Guile, otherwise it's easy to compile it yourself (which
> automatically gives you also all the libs and compile time stuff).

Ok, I've grabbed the following files:

guile-1.6.5-1-src.tar.bz2
guile-devel-1.6.5-1.tar.bz2
guile-1.6.5-1.tar.bz2
libguile12-1.6.5-1.tar.bz2

Do I need all three of the guile-* files?  The last one seems to contain
a /usr directory with subdirectories.  Is that specifically for cygwin?
Should I build/install them in a particular order?

-David