Re: Lily 2.5.13 on OS X with package "system-tetex"?

From: David Rogers
Subject: Re: Lily 2.5.13 on OS X with package "system-tetex"?
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 00:20:36 -0800

On Mar 7, 2005, at 10:50, Graham Percival wrote:

On 6-Mar-05, at 11:41 PM, David Rogers wrote:
OS X, Lilypond 2.5.13

Lilypond says it depends on the tetex-base and tetex-texmf from Fink, and asks to install them, even though I have another tetex already, and have installed Fink's "system-tetex" package to point to my existing setup. Does Lilypond really depend specifically on the Fink packages?

It depends on tetex-3. If your own setup is tetex-3, then you could modify the lilypond-devel.info file to remove the dependency and try it.

I made a feeble attempt at this, but I didn't succeed at installing. Although both setups are based on tetex-3, several other required files are present in different versions in Wierda's distribution as compared to Fink. (Some versions are ahead, some behind. They include fontforge, bison, and several others.)

This is beyond my capability to resolve, so I gave up messing around and just installed Lilypond's recommended items through Fink.

Thank you both for your help!
David