Re: Polyphonic alternating beams with cross-voice slurs

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Polyphonic alternating beams with cross-voice slurs
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:11:16 +0100

On Thursday 10 March 2005 20.58, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> finally beeing back to LilyPond after nearly a year, I'm restarting
> at a really weird engraving problem. Erik Sandberg warned be, and
> he was right. This is what I want:
>
> http://dead-parrot.de/chaconne.gif
>
> or, if you prefer PDF:
>
> http://dead-parrot.de/chaconne.pdf
>
> The alternating beams aren't the problem, I just use the tip in
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html
>
> However, I don't know how to get the (technically) cross-voice slurs
> managed.
>
> Any idea is welcome.

I gave bar 235 a try:

\version "2.4.0"

\score {
\relative {
<<{d16( a') s a s a[ s a] s a[ s a] } \\
 {bes,[ s e]  s f[ s fis] s g[ s gis] s}
 \new Voice { \voiceTwo \slurUp \hideNotes s s e( a) f( a) fis( a) g( a)
gis( a) } >>

It works, but gives loads of warnings. I don't know any better way right
now...

Erik