Re: disable rendering of a section of music

From: Matthew Peltzer
Subject: Re: disable rendering of a section of music
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:43:10 -0700

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:18:29 -0800, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 9-Mar-05, at 4:39 PM, Matthew Peltzer wrote:
>
> > I'm fairly certain I've seen this in the user docs or on this list,
> > but I can't seem to find out how to temporialy disable lilypond from
> > rendering a section of music (so as to focus on a smaller section by
> > hiding sections that are finished & to increase compilation times).
>
> Do you mean this?
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/
> Skipping-corrected-music.html

Yes, I did mean that, but I've since discovered that I need something else.

My piece is broken into many different parts, and I need to view more
than one part at a time to determine the correctness of a section.  I
could apply this setting to all the parts I'm currently interested in
and modify the top-level file to include only those parts, but I
figure there's must be a better way.

It would be greate if there were a start-measure and end-measure
property that would specify which measures to start and end on during
output(/processing/preprocessing, I as the user only care about
output).  I'd expect this to be a command-line argument, but alas, I
cannot find any documentation on lilypond's command-line interface
(and I don't have access to lilypond right now to experiment).

-- Matthew Peltzer
-- address@hidden