more point-and-click madness

From: David Bobroff
Subject: more point-and-click madness
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:15:23 +0000

I'm still toying with point-and-click.

Here is my procedure:

Go to a directory with a PDF generated by LilyPond.

Open the PDF with Xpdf.

Start Firefox.

Start emacs with 'emacs&'.

Point and click in the PDF.

Emacs opens the file with the definitions and places a hollow cursor in
the proper line and one column to the left of the note/rest in question.
I can then click on the indicated cursor position and edit the note/rest
in question.  (If I simply activate the emacs window by clicking on the
title bar of the window and try to move the emacs cursor with arrow keys
I'll find myself at the top of the file.)  So, in the first instance,
point-and-click *does* take me to the correct line/column.  If I then
click on another note/rest, however, the result is that emacs will move
the cursor to the correct line, but always in column 0.

Weird, eh?

-David

Lily 2.5.15 (CVS ChangeLog 1.3285)
emacs 21.3.1