Help to beginer

From: rauldr
Subject: Help to beginer
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:49:35 -0300

Hi,

I am completely new to this. I just can't wait to put my own little tunes
in that really nice printed output. But I have no idea how to go on. I have
downloaded lily 2.4.2 for Windows (I run W98SE) and installed it. And there
I received the first glove from my system: something was missing, don't
remember what, at the very end of installation process. But anyway, when
I close the message window, there was another message behind stating that
the installation was completed (so, should I trust that installation or
not?).
Ok, I didn't try to use lily until now, a week after. But there are so many
little yellow folders within c:\cygwin, that I don't know how to run the
program, neither where to start (second glove received). I have searched
for .ly examples and double-clicked on a few of them. Here is test.log:

GNU LilyPond 2.4.2
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... error: can't find `feta20.afm'
Music font has not been installed properly.  Aborting

May be that error message during installation was for that font, I really
don't remember.

Can any one suggest me what to do?
Should I re-install lily?
What is exactly what I have to download from 'publish'? I mean, what checkboxes
should I check during installation to be sure nothing is missing for the
installer?
Can I fix the problem without re-installing?
How can uninstall lily completely, to restart from ZERO?

If someone can give me a little help words I'm gonna be very grateful.

Raul