Re: Issue upgrading from 2.2 to 2.4

From: Aaron Dalton
Subject: Re: Issue upgrading from 2.2 to 2.4
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:05:37 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:

On 12-Mar-05, at 7:09 PM, Aaron Dalton wrote:

I run Lilypond under WinXP and Cygwin. I had typeset a number of William Byrd pieces under Lilypond 2.2 and have now upgraded to 2.4. Now my pieces don't compile. The top of my source file is as follows:

--BEGIN TOP OF FILE--
\version "2.4.2"

Did you update using convert-ly ? It looks like you simply changed the version number on this line. If so, please change this back to 2.2.5 (or whatever),
then run
convert-ly -e FILENAME.ly

The resulting file should compile correctly.

I just can't seem to find any reason for this to happen. I assume I have missed some major change to the way 2.4 works. Can anybody out there give me a hand?

We no longer use \notes {}.  But convert-ly should fix that automatically.

Cheers,
- Graham

I had never seen convert-ly before. After reading the manpage, everything worked just fine. Thank you all so much!!

Cheers!
Aaron