Segmentation Fault

From: Peter Adamson
Subject: Segmentation Fault
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:36:31 +0000

I have just done a fresh install of Fedora 3 with new partitions, not over top
of RH8. The main reason was to install Lilypond as RH8 was too big a hassle.

Installation of the fonts and then Lilypond using rpm went without a hitch. I
then followed the workaround to eliminate the feta20.afm problem, and it
worked! I was delighted. The last thing I did before going to bed was to run
Lilypond over my bass tablature .ly file.

First thing in the morning, if I run Lilypond over ANY .ly file, I get:
GNU LilyPond 2.4.2
Segmentation fault

I have searched the archives and it seems there are a  lot of users who have
had this problem in varying contexts. Only a few have had it systematically
regardless of the input file they are rendering.

The only solution I found was not in the archives. It was at
<http://olympus.het.brown.edu/doc/lilypond/html/Documentation/topdocs/out-www/INSTALL.html>

which suggests recompiling guile withouth threads. However this was for guile
1.4. I have guile 1.6.4.

Before doing anything as draconian as recompiling a lib that might break
who-knows-what, I thought I should post this problem to see if anyone can
shed any light on the subject.

Cheers,

Peter Adamson