Font problem in 2.4.5

From: Doug Asherman
Subject: Font problem in 2.4.5
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 09:51:50 -0800

Hi:

I compiled 2.4.5 from the tarball -- I'm trying to use it with tetex-3.0
under Linux. I've read the compilation instructions, and aside from a
small problem with espgs, everything seemed to go well.

I automatically source lilypond-profile when I log in, so that's not the
problem. I also run the clean-fonts script after the build.

The problem I'm seeing is that the generated .ps and .pdf files have no
fonts except for the notes and associated stuff like time signatures,
etc. But I'm not seeing title, composer, rehearsal marks, etc.

If I call dvips like so 'dvips -o test.ps -u+lilypond.map test.dvi' then
I get everything correct in the ps file. But if I call ps2pdf as 'ps2pdf
-sPAPERSIZE="a4" test.ps', I don't get any of the correct type one fonts
in the pdf.

One possible strange thing is that tetex-3.0 as compiled for Slackware
has the font cache in /var/tmp/texfonts/ instead of /var/cache/fonts.
Could this be a problem?

So...it's an accumulation of things. I'm assuming that there's something
I'm doing wrong, but have no clue as to what it is.