Can't get to run

From: Michael Millett
Subject: Can't get to run
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:19:04 -0600

I am getting the following error message in the Mac Terminal, which I do not know how to fix, and is keeping me from running LilyPond. I saved test.ly as a text file, and tried putting it in different folders. Any other solutions?

Thanks,
MICHAEL J MILLETT
www.msu.edu/user/millett1/

lilypond (GNU LilyPond) 2.2.5
Running lilypond-bin...
warning: can't find file: `test'

lilypond: warning: no LilyPond output found for `test'
Running ...
Running dvips...lilypond: error: `dvips' failed (status 1)
lilypond: error: The error log is as follows:
This is dvips(k) 5.92b Copyright 2002 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
dvips: ! DVI file can't be opened.
lilypond: warning: Failed to make PS file. Rerun with --verbose for a trace.
[Michael-Milletts-Computer:~] michaelm%