Re: install on windows 2000 existing cygwin?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: install on windows 2000 existing cygwin?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:04:41 +0100

Also, does lilypond uninstall easily (like by rm
-rf myLilypondDirectory) or do I have to fiddle
with the Windows registry?  Or is there a good
uninstall facility?  I am concerned about this
because my disk drives are getting full and
windows install/uninstall has never seemed very
robust to me.

I'm not sure about this... Cygwin puts all 'executables' in
/usr/bin. Perhaps re-running setup, and clearing the
checkmark next to Lilypond would work, but I think you'd
better ask the Cygwin mailing list about this.

Just rerun setup.exe and select "uninstall" for the packages
you want to remove. Note that as soon as you select the
lilypond package, you will also automatically select a few
other packages, for example tetex-bin and tetex-tiny.
Since the installation program cannot know if you still want
to use these when you uninstall lilypond, it means that you
have to mark those for uninstall as well.

   /Mats