Re: My opinion

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: Re: My opinion
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:19:28 -0500

Hello, 'Ponder(er)s:

(PS: Also the idea of using XML as input format whould be a big step.)

I disagree here. one of the best features in lilypond besides, the
typographical quality is the easy and intuitive input format. it's a lot
easier to type {c e g} then something like:

<note>c</note>
<note>e</note>
<note>g</note>

Well, sure...  =)

However, I *think* Tim meant -- and, if not, *I* certainly feel this way -- that an easy and transparent method of exchanging data between Lilypond and other programs which read/write XML (i.e., MusicXML, primarily) would be a huge benefit.

Best wishes,
Kieren.