Re: split notes over barlines

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: split notes over barlines
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:09:43 +0100

Hi Michael, list,

> Is there a way to have note durations splitted over barlines? E.g. if I
> have c4 c4 c2. in a 4/4 measure to automatically obtain c4 c4 c2~c4?

Yes, there is...

I went to www.lilypond.org, and clicked 'Documentation'. I went to the
documentation of version 2.4 (I assume you use that version).

In the 'Tutorial', there's an entry called 'Entering ties'. This is
about splitting the notes manually.

Near the bottom, it says 'For more information on Ties, see Ties'.
Just under the third example, there's a link about 'automatic note
splitting', which leads to
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Automatic-note-splitting.html#Automatic-note-splitting

Hope this helps!

Regards,