no output

From: Ville Hiilivirta
Subject: no output
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:56:39 +0200

Hi!

I'm using Lilypond 2.4.5 on Mac OS X 10.3.8. I'm trying to get the hang of this but don't seem to get any output. I created the test file test.ly containing { c'4 e' g' } on my desktop and tried running lilypond in the terminal. This is what happened:

Tietokone-Ville-Hiilivirta:~/Desktop vihiiliv$ lilypond test.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.4.5
Processing `test.ly'
Parsing...
Tietokone-Ville-Hiilivirta:~/Desktop vihiiliv$

And that's it. No files appeared on the desktop. How could I make this work? I have updated everything I could via Fink. I also made sure that the test.ly file has no .txt ending.

Thanks,

Ville Hiilivirta