Re: Rests

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Rests
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:48:54 +0100

Jan Kohnert wrote:
Roman Käppeler schrieb:

Hi,

sorry, I am bit confused with displaying rests.

How can I center rests (R1) in the middle of a bar?
How can I display repeated Rests with the typical symbol, R1*4 creates 1
rest per bar!?

AFAIK you will have to use r1 instead of R1 to display the rests. The capital R1 will give you an empty bar (at least from bar 2 if you use R1*4; didn't use it quite long).

No, no! 'R' is used for full measure rests or multimeasure rests. If
you use r1 then the rest symbol will be typeset at the beginning of the
bar, whereas R1 gives the correct layout with the rest symbol in the
middle of the bar.

It's great that you want to help with answers on the mailing list,
but if you are not 100% sure, please try it in a small example or
take a quick look in the manual before sending it out (I fail to
follow this advice myself, occassionally). Also, there have already
been several answers to this specific question. I often read emails
in reverse chronological order to make sure that I have seen all
previous answers before I post a follow up myself.

   /Mats