Re: How to do notes + lyrics in sequence

From: Matthew T. Atkinson
Subject: Re: How to do notes + lyrics in sequence
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:18:09 +0000

'ello,

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 19:08 +0100, Michiel Lange wrote:
> You did upgrade to 2.4 already?
> You did convert the piece with "convert-ly v2_2_piece.ly >
> v2_4_piece.ly"?

After compiling and installing 2.4 (and sourcing the appropriate
environment setup script before launching it), I did use the convert
script to update the piece for 2.4.  When trying to compile, it just
bombed out with a syntax error (I believe it was something like it found
a string where it didn't expect one but can't fully remember).

In 2.2, it complains _a lot_ that it can't find the voices I've defined
in the file, however, it compiles fine and produces really, really
professional-looking output.  I was wondering if the complains about
voices were just for the MIDI output...

Anyway, I couldn't be happier!  After all these years I can finally
produce music I can actually read again! :-)

Thanks to everyone for your help,

best regards,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <address@hidden>