Different version for FreeBSD

From: Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Different version for FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 07:49:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi all!

I keep waiting (in vain, so it seems) for someone to update the FreeBSD ports collection version of Lilypond. My 2.2.2 is working just fine, but I am hoping to use some of the features of later versions.

Is there a version available that could be installed on FreeBSD 5.3? And if so, how would I do it, and make sure that all the dependencies were looked after, etc.? Also, how would I make it a "dual" installation, so that if a later version didn't work, I could simply revert to 2.2.2 (which is broken on FreeBSD ports, and cannot be reinstalled in the regular manner.)

Keep in mind that I'm not a programmer, but a musician. I have done some of my own geekish work, but under the careful supervision of my son, the genius. He is coming up for this Easter weekend, so if I had an answer before then, he could aid me in doing this.

Thanks in advance,

Rev. Gordon Gilbert

        |                 Angels' Roost Farm                  |
        |       Rev. Dn. Gordon Gilbert & Susan Gilbert       |
        |                   705-549-5056                      |
        |                address@hidden                  |
        |                address@hidden                 |