Re: How to do notes + lyrics in sequence

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to do notes + lyrics in sequence
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:11:37 +0100

Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:
'ello,

On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 19:08 +0100, Michiel Lange wrote:

You did upgrade to 2.4 already?
You did convert the piece with "convert-ly v2_2_piece.ly >
v2_4_piece.ly"?

After compiling and installing 2.4 (and sourcing the appropriate
environment setup script before launching it), I did use the convert
script to update the piece for 2.4.  When trying to compile, it just
bombed out with a syntax error (I believe it was something like it found
a string where it didn't expect one but can't fully remember).

I just tried my copy of your example and there were no problems to
upgrade to version 2.4 (or 2.5) with convert-ly.

In 2.2, it complains _a lot_ that it can't find the voices I've defined
in the file, however, it compiles fine and produces really, really
professional-looking output.  I was wondering if the complains about
voices were just for the MIDI output...

No, it's the \lyricsto "partb" that starts to look for the voice
called "partb" already at the beginning of the score. So, it's
completely harmless, you could just ignore it. In fact, when you
upgrade to version 2.4 or later, the warnings don't appear anymore.

   /Mats