Barcheck error

From: Roman Käppeler
Subject: Barcheck error
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:24:44 +0100

Hi,

when realizing upbeats at the beginning I got barcheck errors and the
result isn't that I want to have.

What's the problem here? I couldn't find "upbeat" in the manual, so I
thought doing a \partial at the beginning is right, isn't it?

staffChurchOrgan = <<
    \new PianoStaff {
        \set PianoStaff.instrument = #"Orgel  "
        <<
            \time 6/4
            \context Staff = "RH" {              % Right hand
                \clef treble
                \key d \major
                \relative c' {
                    \partial 4*3 {d'4 d e}            % Takt1
                    a,2. d4 d e                        % Takt2
                    a,2. d4 d4 e                    % Takt3
                    a,2  d4 a g fis                    % Takt4
                    e2. e2.                            % Takt5
                    \break

staffTrumpetInC = \new Staff  {
    \set Staff.instrument="Trumpete"
    \set Staff.midiInstrument="trumpet"
    \transposition ais,
    \key d \major
    \clef treble
    \relative c' {
        \time 6/4
        \partial 4*3 {r2.}                    % Takt 1
        r1*2                                    % Takt 2,3
        r2 r4 a'4 g fis                            % Takt 4
        e2. e2.                                    % Takt 5
    \bar "|."

\score {
    <<
        \staffChurchOrgan