Re: emacs lilypond-mode

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: emacs lilypond-mode
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:13:30 +0100

On 26 mrt 2005, at 14:31, address@hidden wrote:

Hi to everybody!

I'm writing now a short tutorial about how to use emacs and vim to edit lilypond
files in mac os x.
Two questions:

1) When I open a lilypond file with emacs, I obtain the following error:

0 occurrences [3 times]
Error in post-command-hook: (wrong-type-argument integerp nil)

What does it means? Is it important or not?

It means that emacs expected something to be an integer (it checked the integer proposition with a function called integerp. This is a boolean function, returning nil or t). It found `nil' instead of an integer. This was encountered in `post-command-hook'. There is some comment in lilypond-mode.el to the effect that there is something very XEmacs specfic about it. Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to debug it and even more unfortunately, I don't have the time to acquire that knowledge.

I have that message as well, but I always disregard it, since everything seems to work just fine.

2) I'm trying to get autoindentation in emacs, but without any result, which is the command to start it? What I can do to have it automatically each time
I open a lily file?

Is lilypond-mode active when you open a .ly file in emacs? For me auto-indentation is always on, just not when pressing return. The `normal' way of giving a newline in emacs is C-j. This will do auto indenting.
To indent a line press either [tab] or C-i.
To indent a whole buffer, press C-x h (select whole buffer) and then C-M-\ (indent-region)

HTH,

Arjan Bos
Lilypond 2.4.2
Mac OS X 10.3.8

TiBook G4 667 GE  / G4 DP 1.42

---
It was funny how people were people everywhere you went, even if the people concerned weren't the people the people who made up the phrase "people are people everywhere" had traditionally thought of as people. And even if you weren't virtuous, as you had been brought up to understand the term, you did like to see virtue in other people, provided it didn't cost you anything.

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)