Re: i´ve got a problem

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: i´ve got a problem
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:26:30 -0700

Roman Stöckl-Schmidt wrote:

Szabó Árpád Zoltán wrote on 28.03.2005 08:18:
[snip]
| or via
| direct connection between the two PCs - this latter can be
accomplished even
| with a simple printer cable)
[snip]

correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik what you're talking about is a so
called "null-modem" cable which is serial in contrast to printer cables
which use parallel ports.
The only thing those connectors have in common is their shape and that
they both have 25 pins, however a serial link cable only has masculine
connectors whereas those used in a parallel cable are feminine.

A direct connection can be made with either a serial or a parallel cable. I've done both. Either way the send/receive lines must be crossed over in the cable.

Paul Scott