Re: Windows download for local setup option

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: Re: Windows download for local setup option
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:58:09 +0200

Hi,

it seems that you are confusing cygwin and Lilypond. Lilypond for Windows doesn't exist, only for Cygwin, a linux environment for windows. So to be able to use Lilypond in Windows you have to install Cygwin. After that you can install Lilypond into the Cygwin environment. The setup.exe you downloaded is the setup for Cygwin. Using that program you can download all packages you need. Since you are connected by modem, you 'd maybe better ask someone with a faster connection to download the files for you and put them on CD or USB memory stick. After that you can copy the files to your computer and install cygwin.

greets

Maurits

Op 29-mrt-05 om 2:54 heeft john het volgende geschreven:

Hi,
I'm a very new looker-at Lilypond - (1/2 hour). I've downloaded the setup.exe for Windows - but is there somewhere the "main" lilypond archive (eg zip) for Windows so I can download it and use the "Install from local directory" option in setup.exe? The reason is, I am connected by modem and it would be more convienient for me to do the big download in chunks. I'm hoping the ftp server has resume capability :-)
Thanks
-John