Re: newlines in header info

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: newlines in header info
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:28:03 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Did you try to search for \markup in the index of the LilyPond manual?

How would one search for the answer if they didn't know it? \markup was the answer not the question :)

Paul

  /Mats

Roman Stöckl-Schmidt wrote:

Paul Scott wrote on 26.03.2005 00:49:
| Roman Stöckl-Schmidt wrote:
|> Hi I'm trying to do pretty mcuh the same thing as the OP of the quoted
|> post. I want to have three names in the composer field, each on their
|> own line.
|> The solution Mats provided unfortunately doesn't work for me, I've also
|> tried
|>
|> \header { composer = "C. Bakker \n W. Luikinga \n E.Ouwens"
|> }
|>
|> and also \break instead of \\\\ or \n.
|

| Try this:
|
| composer = \markup{ \column < "C. Bakker" "W. Luikinga" "E.Ouwens" > }
|
| Paul Scott

You just saved my day, it works! And what a fast response, only thing
left no is that i need to align it somehow, I've attached a gif showing
the part of the ps-output. (I don't normally do this, but I figure 4.3 K
is acceptable)
Since I have no knowledge of TeX (which I assume the \markup tag's
content is) I would need further direction. I just want the contents of
the created column to be left aligned, and the column itself to remain
right aligned.
Also how do I shift it upwards a little bit so it doesn't cover up the
arranger field?